This article explains step-by-step how to connect to a dApp with Ledger Extension.
Most DeFi apps and NFT marketplaces are compatible with Ledger Extension—OpenSea, Rarible, LooksRare, SuperRare, Manifold, Uniswap, 1inch, Paraswap, ENS, Aave, and more.
We're working hard to integrate the Ledger button with as many dApps as possible so that you can connect to Ledger Extension directly. Until then, you can access Ledger Extension using MetaMask.
Connect Ledger Extension to a dApp
In this tutorial, we’ll use OpenSea as an example. The steps are as follows:
- Go to the OpenSea website https://opensea.io/
- Click the Wallet icon in the upper right corner. You’ll see a list of wallets that you can use to connect to OpenSea.
ℹ️ Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your Ledger device and iPhone/Mac. Open the Ethereum app on your device.
- Select Ledger.
- Select the Ethereum account you want to use and click Connect. You should see a message stating Connected Successfully.
- Review and sign the message with your Ledger device to confirm that you accept OpenSea Terms of Service.
All done. Your Ledger Extension is connected to OpenSea.
Check a transaction
Let’s say that you’re buying an NFT on OpenSea. Here is how to check that transaction with Ledger Extension:
- Navigate to OpenSea and click on the NFT you want to buy.
- Click Add to cart.
- Select your payment method and click Complete purchase.
- Ledger Extension will open and run Web3 Check and Wallet Preview. These two features will show you security alerts (if there are any) before you sign a transaction:
☑️Web3 Check will notify you in case of any risks and ask you to review a potential issue on your Ledger device.
🔬Wallet Preview will inform you what will change in your wallet if you confirm the transaction.
- After reviewing the details, click Continue.
- Select Network Fees and click Continue.
- Review transaction details on your Ledger device and make sure they match the details displayed on Ledger Extension.
And that’s it. Your transaction is complete.