This article explains how to install and set up Ledger Extension.
Before you start
- Ledger Extension is compatible with Safari on iOS 16+ and macOS 12+ with Safari 16+. Support for Chrome is coming soon.
- For now, you can use the extension only with Ledger Nano X via Bluetooth.
- Ledger Extension currently supports Ethereum and Polygon. You need to have the Ethereum app installed to use it.
All set? Let’s get started.
Find and install Ledger Extension
- Go to the App Store.
- Search for Ledger Extension and click Get. You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click Install.
- After the extension is installed, click Open. The Ledger Extension app will open.
- Click I installed the app button.
Turn on Ledger Extension
Now it’s time to turn on Ledger Extension:
- Navigate to Safari → Preferences (or Settings).
- Click Extensions.
- Select the checkbox next to Ledger Extension.
- Click on the Ledger Extension icon next to the website URL.
- Click Always Allow on Every Website. The Ledger Extension logo in Safari will turn blue.
- Click the I allowed it button.
Finalize the setup
It’s time to connect your Ledger Nano X.
ℹ️ Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your Ledger device and your iPhone/Mac.
- Enter the PIN and unlock your Ledger Nano X.
- Open the Ethereum app on your device.
- Go back to your iPhone/Mac and click Connect.
- Make sure the pairing number on your Ledger device matches the pairing number on the app.
- If they match, press both buttons on your Ledger Nano X to verify the pairing number.
- Once your Ledger device is connected to the extension, you’ll see a list of your Ethereum accounts. Select the account you want to use with Ledger Extension. You can also click Synchronize your accounts with Ledger to see all your Ledger accounts.
You’re all set. You can now use Ledger Extension when accessing dApps on Ethereum/Polygon.