This tutorial describes how to connect MetaMask to any Ethereum-compatible (EVM) network using Chainlist.
Before you start
- Update Ledger Live to the latest version by using this link.
- Connect your Ledger device to Ledger Live and check that it has the latest firmware version.
- Make sure the latest version of the Ethereum (ETH) app is installed on your Ledger device.
- Ensure your Ledger is connected to MetaMask. Learn more.
- Unlock MetaMask and select your Ledger account.
- Go to https://chainlist.org/.
- Click Connect Wallet.
- Select your Ledger account then click Next.
- Select Connect.
- Select a network, click Add to MetaMask then click Approve.
- Select Switch network to confirm the connection.
You have been successfully connected! You can now return to MetaMask and view the network and balance, which should have been updated.