This tutorial explains how to revoke active smart contract allowances from your Ledger account using revoke.cash.
Learn more about why you should revoke allowances here.
Before you start
- Download and install the latest version of Ledger Live via this link.
- Open Ledger Live and connect your Ledger device to My Ledger to ensure that your Ledger device is running the latest firmware version.
- Ensure that the latest version of the Ethereum (ETH) app is installed on your Ledger device.
- Once you're all done, close Ledger Live.
- Connect your Ledger device to Metamask by following these steps.
- Go to https://revoke.cash/.
- Click Get Started -> MetaMask.
- If needed, change the network to access the account.
- Select the allowance to revoke and click Revoke.
A Metamask pop-up will appear in your browser.
- Make sure the Ethereum (ETH) app is open on your Ledger device and click Confirm.
Your Ledger device will display Review transaction.
- Using the buttons, review the revoked transaction. If you're revoking access to a token, the displayed Amount should be 0. If all looks good, select Accept and send and press both buttons simultaneously to sign the transaction.
A confirmation pop-up appears in the app.
Once the transaction is confirmed on the blockchain, the listed allowance will disappear from the app.