This guide provides step-by-step instructions for selling your Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Algorand (ALGO), XRP, USDT, and USDC coins via the BTC Direct service, available within Ledger Live.
BTC Direct solely supports the sale of cryptocurrency for euros (EUR). If you wish to sell crypto for US dollars (USD), this is currently only possible for Bitcoin (BTC) through our partner Coinify. You can learn more about this process here.
Before you begin
- Update Ledger Live through the notification banner or download the latest version.
- Ensure your Ledger device runs the latest firmware version.
- Ensure the required apps are installed on your device.
- Install the Exchange app.
- Navigate to the Discover section of Ledger Live.
- Click BTC Direct.
- Click Continue.
- Select Sell.
- In the Create order window, select the currency you want to sell and its amount. After entering the amount you want to sell, you’ll be able to see the amount you’ll receive.
- Enter your bank account IBAN.
- Click Preview order.
Create a BTC Direct account and verify your identity
You’ll have to create a BTC Direct account if you don’t already have one. You can create a personal or business account. If you already have an account, simply sign in.
- Enter your name and email address.
- Enter a password and select your country of residence. You can only use BTC Direct if your country of residence is supported.
BTC Direct has a KYC policy in place. You’ll have to go through the identity verification process.
Create your order
The address for sending crypto is displayed on the screen. On the right side of the screen, you will see the time you have left to send the coins to the given address:
- Click Send.
- Paste the provided address.
- Review the transaction details and click Send.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- Open the Exchange app.
- Verify the transaction details on your device.
- Press both buttons simultaneously to accept and send the transaction.
All done. The funds will be delivered straight to your bank account. It may take some time for the transaction to be processed and confirmed. Check the History tab to track the status of your order.
Ledger does not have access to any information regarding your orders via BTC Direct.
If you have a question:
- Please check whether your question is answered in BTC Direct’s Help Center.
- Reach out to BTC Direct Support.