This article describes how to correctly update Ledger Live, your Ledger device and apps.
Keeping your Ledger setup up to date helps prevent most sync/connection issues and ensures you're always enjoying optimal security and the latest features.
How to update your Ledger setup
- Go to ledger.com/ledger-live to download and install the latest version of Ledger Live.
- Connect your Ledger device to your computer and unlock it with the PIN code.
- Open Ledger Live and connect your Ledger device to My Ledger.
Did you know? A blue dot displayed next to My Ledger means that updates are available.
- If prompted, update your Ledger firmware to the latest version.
Important note about firmware updates
- Updating firmware carries a very small chance that your Ledger device will reset. If that happens you'll need to restore your private keys and accounts with your 24-word recovery phrase.
- Not sure whether your 24-word recovery phrase is correctly backed up? Do a recovery check before updating firmware.
- Lost access to your 24-word recovery phrase or failed the recovery check? Don't update firmware, instead follow these steps.
If all looks good, click Update firmware to continue with the update.
- If prompted, update your apps.
You're done! Your Ledger setup is now up to date.