This article explains how to transfer funds from Coinbase to your Ledger wallet.
Before you start
- Download and install the latest version of Ledger Live.
- Install the apps you want to manage on your Ledger device.
- Add required app accounts if you're using Ledger Live.
Make sure to select the correct network on the exchange when withdrawing assets to your Ledger wallet. Ledger Live may not display crypto assets if you choose the wrong network. Learn more
Sending funds from Coinbase to Ledger
- Open the Ledger Live desktop app.
- Click Receive.
- Choose the crypto asset you'd like to send.
- Copy the address.
- Review and verify the address on your device.
- Go to Coinbase and login to your account.
- Click on the Send & Receive icon at the top of the browser window.
- Enter the amount you wish to send.
- Choose the crypto asset you wish to send.
- Paste the receiving address you copied from Ledger Live and click Continue.
- Select the network. Not sure which network to select? This article will help you.
- Click Send now.
- Coinbase might send a code to your mobile phone. Enter the code.
Security tip: Try sending smaller amounts first. Be sure the transaction was properly received before proceeding to send larger amounts.
- Open the Ledger Live mobile app.
- Choose the crypto asset you'd like to receive funds to.
- Tap Receive.
- Copy the receive address.
- Navigate to Coinbase.
- Click Send.
- Select the crypto asset you'd like to send.
- Paste the address you retrieved from the Ledger Live mobile app.
- Click Continue.
- Enter the amount you wish to send, and be sure to choose the correct network as well.
- Click Preview.
- Review the transaction and click Send now.
- Enter the code that Coinbase sent you via text or email.