If you’ve sent Findora tokens to your Ledger device, but the deposit isn’t visible in Ledger Live, follow the step-by-step guide below to solve the issue.
Before you start
- Ensure you’re running the latest Ledger Live and firmware version.
- You should have the latest version of the Ethereum (ETH) app installed on your Ledger device.
- Close Ledger Live as it can conflict with MetaMask.
How do I access my Findora tokens?
To view and access your Findora tokens, you need to use your device together with MetaMask. If you need help setting up your Ledger device with MetaMask, check out this tutorial.
Access and view your Findora tokens with MetaMask
- Install MetaMask from metamask.io (if you already haven’t).
- Connect your Ledger device with MetaMask.
- Click on the bar that shows the last connected network.
- In the drop-down menu, click Add Network. A new tab will appear for entering Findora's network configurations. Here you can find Findora network details → Network Details | Findora Wiki
- For example, if you want to connect to the Anvil testnet, here are the details you need to provide:
- Network Name: Anvil
- New RPC URL:https://prod-testnet.prod.findora.org:8545
- Chain ID: 2153
- Currency Symbol: FRA
- Block Explorer URL: https://testnet-anvil.evm.findorascan.io
- Select your account by ticking the box.
- Click Unlock. Your Ledger Findora account and FRA balance will be displayed in MetaMask.
Add your token as a custom token
Before adding FRA as a custom token, make sure you have its contract address. You can see it on Etherscan.
Add FRA token to MetaMask
- Open the MetaMask wallet.
- Select Assets.
- Scroll down and click Import tokens.
- Select Custom Token.
- Enter the Findora contract address to Token Contract Address field. The token symbol and token decimal will get filled automatically. You can edit it if needed.
- Click Add Custom Token. You will see the token information and the balance.
- Click Import Tokens.
All set, you added FRA tokens to MetaMask and they will be visible in the Assets tab.