This article describes how to troubleshoot failed Tether USD (USDT) andTRC10/20 token transactions on the Tron blockchain.
- Tron's latest governance proposal has increased the price of energy on the Tron network.
- Make sure you have at least 50 TRX coins in your available balance in Ledger Live to pay for network fees or your token transaction will fail with an 'OUT OF ENERGY' error message.
- Make sure to update the Ledger Live mobile app to the latest version via this link.
Your transaction fails and returns a FAILED -OUT OF ENERGY> error message on TronScan. This failed transaction will typically consume your entire Energy balance and some TRX coins from your Tron account.
Why is this happening?
When transferring/sending tokens like Tether (USDT) on the Tron (TRX) network, energy is consumed. Your energy balance is displayed in your Tron account in Ledger Live.
A recent governance proposal within the Tron network has led to an increase in the price of energy. Consequently, your account now needs to burn more TRX coins to purchase the necessary energy for processing token transactions.
You can obtain energy by staking Tron (TRX) coins. This can be done by connecting your Ledger device to TronScan. Learn more here.
Should your Ledger Tron account lack sufficient energy for a token transaction, TRX coins will be consumed instead to generate the required energy. However, if there isn't enough TRX in your Tron account, the transaction will be halted due to insufficient energy and subsequently fail with a FAILED -OUT OF ENERGY> error message.
- Make sure to update Ledger Live to the latest version.
- Make sure you have at least 50 TRX in your available balance in your Tron account to pay for network fees.
- If the issue persists, try sending your transaction by connecting your Ledger device to TronScan.