Currently, Ledger Live supports CRO and Cronos tokens.
If you see your token in Ledger Live -> Accounts -> Add account with the label "Cronos", then it is supported in Ledger Live:
Any not supported token transferred via this network won't show up in your Cronos account in Ledger Live. To access them follow the steps below.
Before you start
- Make sure to update Ledger Live to the latest version via this link.
- Open Ledger Live and connect your Ledger device to My Ledger to ensure that your device is running the latest firmware version.
- Ensure that the latest version of the Ethereum (ETH) app is installed on your Ledger device.
- Once you're all done, close Ledger Live as it can conflict with Metamask.
Connecting to a third-party wallet to access Ledger CRO address (similar to ETH address)
Accessing your Ledger Cronos account via MetaMask.
- Download and install the MetaMask extension in your browser by following these steps.
Open MetaMask and create a standalone MetaMask account as shown in this video.
In the next steps, you will add a second account to MetaMask: your Ledger Cronos account.
Once you're all set up, open MetaMask in your browser. Click on the three dots icon and select Expand view.
MetaMask opens in a tab that is easier to navigate.
- Connect MetaMask to the Cronos network by following these steps:
Use the RPC data below to connect Metamask to Cronos.
Network Name: Cronos
New RPC URL: https://evm.cronos.org
Chain ID: 25
Currency Symbol: CRO
Block Explorer URL: https://cronoscan.com/
Plug your Ledger device into your computer and open the Ethereum (ETH) app on your device by navigating to the Ethereum icon and pressing both buttons simultaneously.
Your Ledger device displays Application is ready.
In MetaMask, click the round-colored icon, select Connect Hardware Wallet > Ledger, and click Continue.
After a brief moment, a list of account addresses appears.
Select an account by ticking the box. Then click Unlock.
Your Ledger Cronos account and CRO balance appear in MetaMask.
Add your token as a custom token
Before adding your token as a custom token, make sure you have the contract address of the token you want to add. Learn more
Add token to MetaMask
- Open the MetaMask extension in your web browser.
- Select the Assets tab.
- Scroll down and click Import tokens.
- Select the Custom Token tab.
- Insert the contract address of the token into the field Token Contract Address.
Contract data for assets can be found by searching on the explorer of the network. For example, see contract data of USD Coin (USDC) token on the Cronos network here:
- The token symbol and token decimal will get filled automatically. You can edit it if needed.
- Click Add Custom Token.
You will see the token information and the balance (if you have these tokens at your address).
- Click Import Tokens.
Congratulations, you added the custom token to MetaMask and it will become visible in the Assets tab in MetaMask.
Send assets back to the exchange
Try to send a small number of tokens first to test the process.
Once you see the transaction is successful and you are comfortable with the process, send the whole amount
Once you locate assets, you can send them back to crypto.com and then withdraw again with the right network. You need to have some amount of native asset (CRO coin) of the Cronos network in order to send tokens back to the exchange. Let's consider the example of USDC here and its native asset CRO:
Send a small amount of CRO coins to your Ledger CRO account via the Cronos network. The CRO will be used to pay for the transaction network fees to send your token back to Crypto.com.
Using MetaMask and your Ledger device, deposit your ETH or ERC20 tokens back to your Crypto.com account via the Cronos network:
Send your coins back to your Ledger account via the right network
- In your Crypto.com crypto asset account, go to Withdrawals.
Withdraw your coins to your Ledger account address via the right network of the asset.
Once you're done and the transaction has cleared, the coins should appear in Ledger Live.
If you need help with some steps, please request assistance from our support team.