Ledger Live makes the process of buying crypto secure, flexible, and easy. You can choose among different payment providers and methods, and once you buy crypto through Ledger Live it will automatically be sent to the safety of your Ledger hardware wallet.
Click the Buy/Sell tab in the left sidebar menu to get started.
Upon landing to the Buy page, you’ll see two options to buy crypto:
- You can do it with the same service provider and the payment method you used last time.
- You can enter personalized information such as your location and preferred payment method. Based on these criteria, Ledger Live will show you price quotes from different providers and suggest the best option for you.
- Go to the Buy/Sell page.
- Select to buy crypto with the last used service provider.
- Choose the crypto you want to buy.
- Select the corresponding account.
- Click Buy.
- You’ll be taken to the service provider’s page and guided through buying your chosen asset.
- Go to the Buy/Sell page.
- Click Find the right provider for you.
- Select the crypto you want to buy.
- Enter the amount you want to purchase.
- Click Confirm amount.
- Select your country.
- Select your preferred payment method.
- Click Find eligible providers. Ledger Live will curate a customized list of service providers according to your buying preferences and requirements. You'll be able to compare price quotes from different providers.
- Choose a provider.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to finalize your purchase.
It is important to remember that services or payment methods are country-specific. Depending on your country, a service provider might not be available.
When I select the crypto and amount I want to purchase, Ledger Live displays that there is no service provider available.
This means that considering the country in which your bank is located, no service provider covers the fiat currency and crypto you’ve chosen. We recommend changing fiat currency or choosing another service provider.
Do I have to select the country where I’m located?
It’s not mandatory but it’s recommended. In this way, Ledger Live can customize your buying options and make the buying process easier for you.
Do I have to specify the payment method?
It’s not mandatory but it’s recommended. By doing so, Ledger Live will display the best eligible offers for your preferred payment method.
How do you determine which payment service providers to list for me?
Service providers are listed based on their transaction success rate and the buying preferences you indicated in the previous steps.
Are there any payment limitations?
Payment limitations apply. They depend on the service provider you pick and will be displayed on the service provider’s page.
Do I have to complete a KYC check?
The majority of service providers will require a KYC check, although some will allow you to buy crypto below a certain amount without it. Ledger doesn't collect any of your KYC data—this is entirely handled by the service providers.