This article provides basic information on Zenledger, a cryptocurrency tax software found in the Discover section in Ledger Live.
What is this app?
ZenLedger is a software program focused on cryptocurrency tax management and accounting. It allows you to generate crypto tax reports and track your crypto portfolio.
In addition, ZenLedger helps crypto investors and tax professionals by providing a digital workflow to automate and optimize the tax and accounting process.
How does it work in Ledger Live?
Located within the Discover section of Ledger Live, Zenledger is a Ledger-approved application that can seamlessly help users incorporate their crypto holdings into their tax filing.
Before you begin
- Update Ledger Live through the notification banner or download the latest version.
- Ensure your Ledger device runs the latest firmware version.
App interface overview
This app interface in Ledger Live consists of a few main elements:
- Imports: Import crypto from any exchange, see the history of all transactions and add accounts.
- Taxes: See your current tax earnings or losses.
- Your Crypto: A full view of each crypto you hold along with their current price.
- Add account: Add any account, from any exchange, you'd like to pull information from.
- Plan options: The basic version is free, but gives the option to upgrade to a premium version.
- Zenledger Support: Directly connect with Zenledger support by clicking the widget.
How to import your Ledger crypto accounts to Zenledger
- Click on the Settings cog in the top right-hand corner of Ledger Live.
- Select Accounts.
- Save the operation history as a .csv file on your computer.
- Go back to the main Ledger Live Dashboard and select the Discover section on the left panel.
- Select Zenledger.
- On the right-hand side, select add account.
- Under Exchanges, search for whichever exchange you'd like to interact with.
- Upload your saved .csv file.
- Press continue, or add more transactions to the list.
Thats it! Pretty easy right?
Features of Zenledger
Zenledger allows you to fully integrate your non-crypto taxes through TurboTax. Having this option gives you the peace of mind to have everything all in one place.
- While in Zenledger in Ledger Live, simply click the green chat widget located at the bottom right-hand side of the page. That will directly connect you with one of their tax professionals. You're also welcome to go to their website located here.
Of course, you're always welcome to reach out to Ledger support as well. You can do that here.