This tutorial describes how to connect your Ledger Polkadot (DOT) account to the Polkadot staking dashboard to manage your DOT stake.
You can learn more about the Staking Dashboard here.
Before you start
- Make sure to update Ledger Live to the latest version via this link.
- Open Ledger Live and connect your Ledger device to My Ledger to ensure that your Ledger device is running the latest firmware version.
- Ensure that the latest version of the Polkadot (DOT) app is installed on your Ledger device.
Connect your Ledger Polkadot account to the polkadot.js extension
- Connect your Ledger device to your computer and open the Polkadot app.
Your Ledger device displays: Polkadot Ready.
- On your computer, download and install the polkadot.js extension on your browser.
- Open the extension, click the (+) button and select Attach ledger account.
- Select Polkadot Relay Chain, name your account then click Import Account.
Your Ledger Polkadot account appears.
If not, go back and increment Address Index and/or Address Type by 1 until you find the account you're looking for.
Connect your Polkadot account to Staking Dashboard
- Go to the Staking Dashboard.
- Select Connect > Polkadot JS.
Your Ledger Polkadot account appears in the dashboard.
- You can navigate to the Nominate section to check the status of your nominations.
- If some of your nominated validators are inactive or oversubscribed, you might need to nominate different validators otherwise you might miss out on DOT staking rewards.
- You can nominate new validators with Ledger Live. This article has a Nominating Validators section that describes the process.
- This guide can also help you choosing validators.