This tutorial describes how to connect your Ledger Polkadot (DOT) account to the Polkadot staking dashboard to manage your DOT stake.
You can learn more about the Staking Dashboard here.
Before you start
- Make sure to update Ledger Live to the latest version via this link.
- Open Ledger Live and connect your Ledger device to My Ledger to ensure that your Ledger device is running the latest firmware version.
- Ensure that the latest version of the Polkadot (DOT) app is installed on your Ledger device.
Connect your Polkadot (DOT) account to Staking Dashboard
- Navigate to Staking Dashboard and open the Polkadot app on your Ledger device.
- On the app, select Connect and click USB.
Make sure you're using Chrome or Brave
- In the pop-up window, select your Ledger device and click Connect.
- Click on +Import and then on Import Account.
- Click Done.
- Close the menu.
- Lastly, click on Accounts again and select your Ledger account to finalize the connection to the Staking Dashboard.
All set. Your Ledger Polkadot account will appear in the dashboard.
- You can navigate to the Nominate section to check the status of your nominations.
- If some of your nominated validators are inactive or oversubscribed, you might need to nominate different validators otherwise you might miss out on DOT staking rewards*.
- You can nominate new validators with Ledger Live. This article has a Nominating Validators section that describes the process.
- This guide can also help you choosing validators.
*Rewards are not guaranteed. Ledger does not provide any financial advice or recommendation.