This tutorial will show you how to safely transfer your Ethereum NFTs from your MetaMask account to your Ledger Ethereum (ETH) account.
Important security note
- This tutorial describes the safest way to transfer your NFTs from MetaMask to a Ledger account.
- We strongly recommend you do not import your Ledger recovery phrase into MetaMask as this would compromise the security of all your Ledger accounts. More on this here.
- You can also click here to learn more about how to keep your recovery phrase safe.
Before you start
- Download and install Ledger Live on your computer. You can learn more about how to get started with Ledger Live here.
- Open Ledger Live, connect your Ledger device to My Ledger and make sure your device is running the latest firmware version. If not, update the firmware on your Ledger Nano S / Nano S Plus / Nano X.
Transfer your Ethereum NFTs from your MetaMask account to your Ledger account
- Connect your Ledger device to your computer and unlock it.
- Open Ledger Live, navigate to the Accounts tab, and click +Add account.
- Select Ethereum (ETH) then follow the onscreen instructions to add an Ethereum account to Ledger Live.
- Open your Ethereum (ETH) account and select Receive.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to generate your Ethereum deposit address then click the copy button to copy the address to your clipboard.
- On your Ledger device, use the right button to verify that the address that appears on the screen exactly matches the address in Ledger Live. If all looks good, select Approve and press both buttons simultaneously to confirm the address.
- Go to OpenSea, connect your MetaMask Ethereum account, and go to your Profile.
- Select your NFT then click Transfer.
- Paste your Ledger Ethereum (ETH) deposit address and click Transfer.
- Confirm the transfer in MetaMask.
Once your transaction is confirmed on the Ethereum network, your NFT will appear in the NFT Collections section in your Ethereum account in Ledger Live.