This tutorial will show you how to operate the Rainbow.me app with your Ledger device through the Discover section in Ledger Live.
What is Rainbow.me?
Rainbow.me is a straightforward, easy-to-use, and entertaining way to explore and display NFTs and crypto - all safely secured via the Ledger ecosystem. Rainbow.me is great for new users and great for seasoned crypto and NFT traders alike.
How does it work in Ledger Live?
Located within the Discover section of Ledger Live, Rainbow.me is a Ledger-approved application that can help users do various operations with cryptocurrencies.
Before you begin
- Update Ledger Live through the notification banner or download the latest version.
- Ensure your Ledger device runs the latest firmware version.
- Make sure the Ethereum app is downloaded in Ledger Live. Learn how to do that here.
Rainbow.me interface overview
This app interface consists of a few main elements:
- Search bar: Search any Ethereum address or ENS domain.
- Account Select: This gives the option to select from different accounts.
- Open in the app: This allows you to open the Rainbow.me app on your phone.
- All NFTs: Displays a larger-scale version of all the NFTs you've collected.
- Account: Displays the current ETH wallet selected.
- Etherscan: This gives you a direct hyperlink to view all tokens in Etherscan.
How to view your NFTs with the Rainbow.me app
- In Ledger Live, click Discover on the left panel.
- Select Rainbow.me app.
- Click on any NFT to display the NFT in a larger-scale view.
- In Ledger Live mobile (Android only), select the Discover tab on the bottom of the app.
- Select Apps.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select the Rainbow.me app.
- From here, you can see the NFTs associated with the wallet address. Click on any of the NFTs to see a larger-scale view.
Features of the app
Instead of creating new accounts and passwords for every website or dApp you interact with, you can just connect your Rainbow.me wallet instead. This lets you control your assets/crypto with you at any time.
Rainbow.me Wallet Extension
Rainbow.me has created a browser extension! Download the extension here. Make sure to pin it to your browser window.
Here is how to use the wallet extension with your Ledger:
Open the Rainbow.me wallet extension and click Import or Connect Wallet.
From there, you can select which wallet you're looking to add, and choose Ledger.
Plug your Ledger device into your computer using the USB-C cable, and make sure to unlock your device by entering your PIN code.
Once connected, it should display on the We found your Ledger screen.
Once you select your device, a pop-up will appear requesting that you allow your Ledger to connect. Click Connect.
Once connected, ensure that the Ethereum app is installed and actively open on your Ledger device. Proceed by pressing both buttons on your Ledger to access the Ethereum app.
Now you can fully connect! If you have multiple addresses, you can select multiple to import. Or, you can also add by index.