This article provides updated information about storing Ergo (ERG) with Ledger.
You can learn more about Ergo here.
Ergo represents the next step in the evolution of proof-of-work blockchain technology, combining Bitcoin’s ledger model with smart contract functionality. Ergo’s extended UTXO design is built to offer secure and robust tooling through the use of its native language, ErgoScript, and its inherent Sigma protocols that utilize non-interactive zero-knowledge proofs.
Ergo’s Autolykos v2 mining consensus algorithm is GPU friendly and ASIC resistant, allowing for anyone with consumer-grade GPU hardware to easily and effectively participate in securing the network.
The Ergo blockchain launched in 2019 with no pre-mining or pre-allocation of any coins. The platform strives to be fair and accessible to all with an emphasis on building truly decentralized financial products and services. The ecosystem currently features the SigUSD stablecoin, ErgoMixer, a cross-chain DEX, and much more. More information can be found at ergoplatform.org and sigmaverse.io.
How to store Ergo with Ledger
Users can now store Ergo (ERG) with Ledger. Here's how to do it:
- Open up Ledger live.
- Go to the "My Ledger" tab and search for Ergo. (in order to see it, enable Developer Mode in Experimental features of Ledger Live)
- Download the Ergo app. Open it on your Ledger device.
- Head over to the Nautilus web wallet and add the extension.
- While in Nautilus, select the connect a hardware wallet option.
- Enter the wallet name and click connect.
- Ensure that the Ergo app is open on your Ledger device and that the Nano is selected in the pop-up. Keep in mind that Ledger Live should be closed to prevent any interference.
- Review the information on your Ledger device and approve it.
- That's it! Now you can click on the Receive tab located at the top of the browser extension window, and copy your address to receive Ergo to your Ledger wallet.