This article provides information about handling unknown (or malicious) NFTs found or airdropped to your Ledger Live accounts.
Before you start
- Make sure to update Ledger Live to the latest version via this link.
What do you mean by a "malicious or unknown NFT?"
Occasionally, you might receive or will be airdropped an unknown NFT in Ledger Live. If you notice a new NFT in Ledger Live that you don’t remember collecting, please don’t interact with it or send it, as it could be malicious. As the NFT market continues to expand, there is no way, unfortunately, to prevent this from happening due to the nature of public wallet addresses, and NFTs existing on the blockchain. We encourage users to do research on NFTs received in Ledger Live. Since there really isn’t a way to delete unwanted NFTs, we advise customers to consider the following:
- Don’t send or interact with unknown NFTs until you’ve fully researched if it's well-intentioned. Some have QR codes or other links: it is recommended to ignore them if you do deem them malicious.
- Hide the NFT in Ledger Live. Learn more here.
- No need to worry, as long as they are hidden and not interacted with, there is no way for them to affect your crypto or other digital assets.
- Some of these NFTs have been “airdropped” to users. Fraudsters might have you follow a malicious link and encourage you to link your wallet addresses to receive a “prize.” Always remember, if something looks too good to be true, it usually is.
Examples of malicious NFTs
This is how the scam NFTs appear in Ledger Live. They look like regular NFTs but in reality, all the NFTs shown here are either scams or malicious:
Here's an example of what these NFTs look like in the explorer:
How to hide an NFT
- In Ledger Live, open the Accounts tab.
- Go to the account that has the NFT you want to hide.
- Scroll down until you see the NFT Collections section.
- Click See Gallery.
A page with all of your NFTs opens.
- Find in the list of NFTs one that you want to hide.
- Click on three dots on the right side of the NFT.
A dropdown menu opens.
- Click Hide NFT Collection.
- Confirm that you want to Hide NFT Collection when a pop-up message appears.
That's it, you hid your NFT and you won't see it in your collection unless you unhide it.
How to unhide an NFT
- In Ledger Live, go to Settings.
- Go to Accounts Tab.
- Find Hidden NFT Collections.
- On the right side click on the arrow .
- In the dropdown, you will see all the hidden NFTs you have.
- Click on icon.
You just unhid the NFT and you can see it again in your account.
We really encourage you to research all NFTs that appear in Ledger Live. While some of these could be legitimate, there is a possibility they could be fraudulent. Please see the above steps to learn how to hide them. You can always unhide the NFT if you want to see it again, so hiding it only masks the NFTs from being viewed in Ledger Live. Not sure if something is malicious or not? Feel free to reach out to our customer support team if you have further questions.
Learn how to Manage NFTs in Ledger Live.