This tutorial describes how to access your Ledger Ethereum POW (ETHW) via MetaMask. You can learn more about EthereumPoW here.
Check the Ethereum wallet page to learn more.
- The Ethereum PoW network might not be safe to use yet.
- Please take a moment to understand the risks before transacting on the chain.
- More on the risks here.
Before you start
- Make sure to update Ledger Live to the latest version via this link.
- Open Ledger Live and connect your Ledger device to My Ledger to ensure that your Ledger device is running the latest firmware version.
- Ensure that the latest version of the Ethereum (ETH) app is installed on your Ledger device.
- Once you're all done, close Ledger Live as it can conflict with Metamask.
Accessing your Ledger Ethereum POW account via MetaMask
- Download and install the MetaMask extension in your browser by following these steps.
- Open MetaMask and create a standalone MetaMask account as shown in this video.
In the next steps, you will add a second account to MetaMask: your Ledger Ethereum POW account.
- Once you're all set up, open MetaMask in your browser, click on the three dots icon, and select Expand view.
MetaMask opens in a tab that is easier to navigate.
- Manually connect Metamask to the ETHW-mainnet by following these steps:
Use the RPC data below.
Network Name: ETHW-mainnet
New RPC URL: https://mainnet.ethereumpow.org
Chain ID: 10001
Currency Symbol: ETHW
Block Explorer URL: mainnet.ethwscan.com
- Plug your Ledger device into your computer and open the Ethereum (ETH) app on your device by navigating to the Ethereum icon and pressing both buttons simultaneously.
Your Ledger device displays Application is ready.
- In MetaMask, click the settings icon, select Connect Hardware Wallet > Ledger, and click Continue.
After a brief moment, a list of account addresses appears.
- Select an account by ticking the box. Then click Unlock.
Your Ledger Ethereum POW account and ETHW balance appear in MetaMask.