Chainlink (LINK) is an ERC20 token which means that you can manage, send, and receive it with your Ethereum account.
Learn more about how to manage crypto assets with your Ledger device here.
Before you start
- Ensure that you have an Ethereum account.
- Make sure that your Ledger device is updated to the latest version.
- You should also have the latest version of Ledger Live.
If you already have an Ethereum account, you can view your LINK tokens in Ledger Live:
- Navigate to the Accounts tab.
- Find the Ethereum account where your LINK tokens are stored.
- Click Show tokens under the account.
Your LINK tokens will be displayed.
Please note: Chainlink (LINK) is an ERC20 Token. You can receive tokens directly on an Ethereum account.
- Navigate to the left sidebar menu and click Receive.
- In the drop-down list, under the Ethereum account, select Chainlink (LINK) and click Continue.
- Connect your Ledger device and unlock it.
- Open the Ethereum app on your Ledger device and press both buttons simultaneously to continue. You should see a message stating Application is ready.
- The address will be displayed on your device and in Ledger Live. Verify that the address shown on your device matches the address displayed in Ledger Live.
- If they match, approve the address on your device—press the right button on your device until you see Approve. Click both buttons simultaneously for approval.
- Copy the address and share it with the sender. The address shouldn’t change after you copy/paste it.
You can send LINK from your Ethereum account.
Pro tip: Send a small amount first and verify that the transaction was received before sending larger amounts. If you’re unsure whether a transaction was successful, check back in a few minutes.
- In the left sidebar menu, go to Accounts and select Chainlink (LINK).
- Click Send.
- Enter the recipient address. Double-check the address and click Continue.
- Enter the amount you want to send.
- Select the amount of network fees and click Continue. Keep in mind that higher fees lead to faster transaction processing.
- Press both buttons simultaneously to Accept and send the transaction.
- Confirm and approve the transaction on your Ledger device—press both buttons simultaneously to Approve.
- Check the transaction summary—Amount, Network fees, and Total to debit—and click Continue.
The transaction is sent. Your account balance will be updated when the blockchain confirms the transaction.