Chainlink (LINK) is an ERC20 token which means that you can manage, send, and receive it with your Ethereum account.
Before you start
- Ensure that you have an Ethereum account.
- Make sure that your Ledger device is updated to the latest version.
- You should also have the latest version of Ledger Live.
If you already have an Ethereum account, you can view your LINK tokens in Ledger Live:
- Navigate to the Accounts tab.
- Find the Ethereum account where your LINK tokens are stored.
- Click Show tokens under the account.
Your LINK tokens will be displayed.
- Navigate to the left sidebar menu and click Receive.
- In the drop-down list, under the Ethereum account, select Chainlink (LINK) and click Continue.
- Connect your Ledger device and unlock it.
- Open the Ethereum app on your Ledger device and press both buttons simultaneously to continue. You should see a message stating Application is ready.
- The address will be displayed on your device and in Ledger Live. Verify that the address shown on your device matches the address displayed in Ledger Live.
- If they match, approve the address on your device—press the right button on your device until you see Approve. Click both buttons simultaneously for approval.
- Copy the address and share it with the sender. The address shouldn’t change after you copy/paste it.
You can send LINK from your Ethereum account.
Pro tip: Send a small amount first and verify that the transaction was received before sending larger amounts. If you’re unsure whether a transaction was successful, check back in a few minutes.
- In the left sidebar menu, go to Accounts and select Chainlink (LINK).
- Click Send.
- Enter the recipient address. Double-check the address and click Continue.
- Enter the amount you want to send.
- Select the amount of network fees and click Continue. Keep in mind that higher fees lead to faster transaction processing.
- Press both buttons simultaneously to Accept and send the transaction.
- Confirm and approve the transaction on your Ledger device—press both buttons simultaneously to Approve.
- Check the transaction summary—Amount, Network fees, and Total to debit—and click Continue.
The transaction is sent. Your account balance will be updated when the blockchain confirms the transaction.