This thread aims to provide you with the latest updates about the Ethereum Merge.
What is the Ethereum Merge?
More updates coming soon, stay tuned!
September 15, 2022, 8.45 am CET - Ethereum service in Ledger Live is back online!
- Ledger Live has resumed normal Ethereum service.
- You can resume using your Ledger Ethereum account as usual.
- Learn more here.
- Happy Merge Day Everyone! 🐼
September 15, 2022, 8.45 am CET - Ethereum Merge Complete!
- The Ethereum Merge has been completed!
- Ethereum services (send and swap) in Ledger Live are still paused and will be resumed soon, stay tuned!
- Using your Ledger Ethereum account in Ledger Live now will return a 403 error.
September 15, 2022, 7.25 am CET - Ethereum Merge Underway...
- The Ethereum Merge is underway.
- We're now pausing all Ethereum (ETH) services in Ledger Live until the merge has been completed and the network is stable and safe to use.
- Stay tuned for updates.
September 14, 2022 - MoonPay
- MoonPay will continue operating during the Merge:
- Can users buy ETH and ERC20 assets on MoonPay during the Merge?
Yes. The ability to buy ETH and ERC20 assets will not be affected by the Merge, although we do expect there to be some minor delays in delivering these assets to customers.
- Can users sell ETH and ERC20 assets on MoonPay during the Merge?
Yes. The ability to sell will be unaffected, but customers should still expect delays when selling crypto via MoonPay due to delays on the blockchain itself.
- Which cryptocurrencies supported by MoonPay will be affected?
Along with ETH and ERC20 assets, expect delayed withdrawals for supported assets on Sorare (ETH), Immutable (USDC, IMX, GODS, ETH), Polygon (SAND, USDC, ETH), and zkSync (USDT, ETH, DAI, USDC).
- Learn more here.
September 13, 2022 - BTC Direct
- BTC Direct will shortly disable ETH trading during the Merge: "We are expecting a duration of about 1 hour. After everything is done, we will enable ETH trading again. We will keep a closer look on all trades and notify you of any disruptions."
September 13, 2022 - EthereumPoW
September 6, 2022 - Binance
- Binance announced they are suspending deposits and withdrawals for Ether (ETH) and Wrapped Ether (WETH) on the following networks starting from September 6, 2022 at 04:00am CET.
- ETH (Arbitrum)
- ETH (Optimism)
- WETH (Ronin)
- ETH (Arbitrum)
September 2, 2022 - Ledger Live
- As announced on the @Ledger Twitter account, on the day of the Merge, Ledger Live will pause Ethereum services (directly on the app and also through the Discover section) for as little time as possible, while making sure the network is stable and safe to use.
- Though you'll still be able to access your Ledger Ethereum account via third-party services like MetaMask, it's strongly recommended to avoid high-value transactions and NFT transfers during the Merge.
- We will inform the community once the network has stabilized, follow us on Twitter for updates.
September 5, 2022 - Third-party services
- Crypto on-ramp MoonPay will continue operating throughout the Merge. However, expect delivery delays if purchasing ETH or ERC20 tokens during the Merge. More on how to use MoonPay here.
- Coinify will temporarily stop displaying ETH as a buy option in Ledger Live during the Merge.
- Baanx - you won't be able to send ETH or add ETH funds during the Merge.
- FTX Swap - service should continue as normal during the Merge
- Ramp - "As a precaution and to ensure the safety of our users and partners, we’ll pause ETH, ERC-20 token, and Ethereum L2 transactions 2 hours before and after the estimated time of the Merge."
- Changelly Swap - we're waiting on an update from Changelly.