This article explains how to add custom (unlisted) tokens to MetaMask if they are not appearing automatically in the assets section in Metamask.
Before you start
- Make sure Metamask and your Ledger device are set up. Learn more
- Make sure you have the contract address of the token you want to add. Learn more
Add token to MetaMask
- Open the MetaMask extension in your web browser
- Select the Assets tab.
- Scroll down and click Import tokens.
- Select the Custom Token tab.
- Insert the contract address of the token to the field Token Contract Address.
The token symbol and token decimal will get filled automatically. You can edit it if needed.
- Click Add Custom Token.
You will see the token information and the balance (if you have these tokens at your address).
- Click Import Tokens.
Congratulations, you added the custom token to MetaMask and it will become visible in the Assets tab in MetaMask.