This article describes how to stake MATIC with your Ledger device and the Polygon Web Wallet.
Before you start
- Make sure to update Ledger Live to the latest version via this link.
- Open Ledger Live and connect your Ledger device to My Ledger to ensure that your Ledger device is running the latest firmware version.
- Ensure that the latest version of the Ethereum (ETH) app is installed on your Ledger device.
- Enable blind signing in the Ethereum app settings by following these instructions.
- Once you're all done, close Ledger Live as it can conflict with MetaMask.
- MATIC staking happens entirely on the Ethereum network.
- As a result, make sure your MATIC is stored in your Ledger Ethereum account and not in your Polygon account.
- Connect your Ledger device to your computer and open the Ethereum (ETH) app on your device.
Your Ledger device displays: Application is ready.
- Connect your Ledger Ethereum (ETH) account to MetaMask by following these steps.
- Once you're done, go to the Polygon Web Wallet app.
- In the app, select Connect to a Wallet and select MetaMask.
MetaMask opens in your browser.
- Select your Ledger account, click Next then Connect.
MetaMask prompts you for a Signature Request.
- Click Sign.
Your Ledger displays: Sign message.
- Using the buttons, scroll right, reading the message as you go. If all looks good, select Sign message and confirm by pressing both buttons simultaneously.
MetaMask connects to the Polygon Wallet app.
- On the app, select Polygon Staking.
The app displays a list of All Validators.
When choosing a validator you generally want the Checkpoint signed score to be as high as possible and the Commission as low as possible.
- Click the Login button in the top-right corner of the app then select Metamask once more.
- Choose a validator and click the Delegate button then type the amount of MATIC you wish to stake and click Continue.
MetaMask opens and displays: Give permission to access your MATIC?
- In MetaMask, review the fee amount and, if all looks good, click Confirm.
Your Ledger displays: Review transaction.
- Using the buttons, scroll right, reviewing the transaction and the fee as you go. If all looks good, select Accept and send and sign the transaction by pressing both buttons simultaneously.
Your Ledger displays: Application is ready.
- Back to the Polygon Web Wallet App, select your validator and click Delegate.
- Using MetaMask and your Ledger device, review and confirm the transaction.
Once the transaction confirms on the Ethereum network the app will display Delegation Completed.