StellarTerm is an open-source client for Stellar blockchain that allows you to send, receive, and trade assets. This article describes how to connect and log in to StellarTerm with your Ledger device.
Before you start
- Ensure that your Ledger device is running the latest firmware version.
- You need to have a Stellar (XML) account added to Ledger Live.
- Ensure that the latest version of the Stellar (XLM) app is installed on your Ledger device.
How to connect Ledger device to StellarTerm
Open the Stellar app on your Ledger device before trying to connect to StellarTerm.
- On the StellarTerm website, go to the top navbar and click Account. You’ll see two sections:
- Access your account
- Connect your wallet
Your Ledger device is now connected to StellarTerm and you’re logged in.
Trustlines are added to your Stellar account and let you hold a token as well as specify the amount of that token you’re willing to hold. Trustlines also keep you from receiving unwanted assets. If you want to manage a particular token, for example, USDC on Stellar blockchain, you would need to add a trust line first.
- In the StellarTerm interface select the Accept assets tab.
- Scroll down and find a token you want to add a trust line for (eg. USDC).
- Click + ACCEPT.
- Check the details in the confirmation window.
- Confirm transaction on your Ledger device.
- Once a transaction is confirmed, you should see a small notification at the right bottom corner of the page.
You successfully added a trust line and now you should be able to receive your USDC tokens on the Stellar account
Ledger Live now supports Stellar tokens, starting with USDC which you should be able to see in your XLM account in Ledger Live. Make sure to have the latest Ledger Live version.