This tutorial describes how to safely buy a [ Ledger ] Market Genesis Pass on OpenSea with your Ledger device.
You can learn more about [ Ledger ] Market here.
Beware of scams
- The Genesis Pass mint is now over.
- There will not be a second/reserve/extra Genesis mint.
- Ledger will never ask you for your 24-word recovery phrase.
Before you start
- Make sure Ledger Live is up to date, you can download the latest version via this link.
- Open Ledger Live and connect your Ledger device to the manager to ensure that your Ledger device is running the latest firmware version. If not, please update.
- Ensure the latest version of the Ethereum (ETH) app is installed on your Ledger device.
- Ensure blind signing is enabled in the Ethereum app on your Ledger device. You can learn how to enable blind signing here.
- Download and set up Metamask in your browser. We recommend using the Chrome browser.
- Connect your Ledger device to your computer and unlock it.
- On your Ledger device, open the Ethereum app.
Your device displays: Application is ready.
- In your browser, open Metamask and connect your Ledger Ethereum (ETH) account as shown here.
- Click this link to access the Genesis Pass collection on OpenSea.
Is OpenSea my only option?
- No, the Genesis Pass is listed on a number of NFT marketplaces including LooksRare, Rarible, or X2Y2.
- Safe links to those collections are provided here.
- On the OpenSea website, click the 'wallet' icon and select MetaMask.
The Connect with Metamask window appears.
- Select your Ledger account then click Next then Connect.
OpenSea connects to your Ledger account through Metamask.
- Select the Genesis Pass you wish to buy, click Buy Now then Checkout.
OpenSea displays: Complete Checkout.
- In MetaMask, click Confirm.
Your Ledger device displays: Review transaction.
- On your Ledger device, scroll right using the buttons to review the Amount (sell price) and the Max fees.
Please note that this transaction requires blind signing.
- If all looks good, select Accept and send and press both buttons simultaneously to sign the transaction.
You're done, once the transaction confirms on the Ethereum network, your Genesis Pass will be added to your Ledger Ethereum account. Depending on network congestion, this could take a few moments.
Where can I see my Genesis Pass NFT?
- Once the transaction has been confirmed, your Genesis Pass will be displayed in the NFT section of your Ledger Ethereum account.
- Alternatively, you can use Rainbow.me in Ledger Live's Discover section to see your NFT. More on this here.