This tutorial describes how to access your Ledger Helium (HNT) account via the Helium HNT Wallet mobile app.
You can learn more about the features supported by the mobile app here.
A word of caution
- This tutorial requires Bluetooth. As such it's only available for Nano X users.
- The Helium (HNT) app, which you need to download on your Nano X is an experimental feature that is still pending review by the Ledger team. Using the app is safe but you might encounter some minor UI bugs.
- Ledger Nano S or Nano S Plus users can also manage HNT but without the mobile app since it requires Bluetooth. This guide created by Helium will walk you through managing HNT with Ledger Nano S / Ledger Nano S Plus-> Ledger Hardware Wallet.
- Helium supports either a hot wallet or a cold wallet (Ledger) exclusively, unlike MetaMask. Please note that it is not possible to have both, and you must select one option.
Before you start
- Make sure to update Ledger Live to the latest version via this link.
- Open Ledger Live and connect your Ledger device to My Ledger to ensure that your device is running the latest firmware version.
- Download the Helium HNT Wallet mobile app on your Android or iOS phone.
- On your Nano X device, go to the Control Center and make sure that Bluetooth is Enabled.
Install the Helium (HNT) app on your Ledger device
- Open Ledger Live.
- Navigate to Settings > Experimental features and activate Developer mode.
- Go to My Ledger.
- Install the Helium (HNT) app onto your Ledger device.
Pair your Nano X with the Helium HNT Wallet mobile app
- On your Ledger device, use the buttons to open the Helium app.
Your device displays: Waiting for commands...
- Grab your phone and open the Helium HNT Wallet app.
- Select Tap to get started.
- Select Pair with Ledger and select your Nano device.
The app displays: Account Found.
- Select Import account.
Your Ledger Helium (HNT) account appears in the app.
Your Ledger device displays: Confirm Address.
- On your Ledger device, press both buttons simultaneously to confirm the address.
Receive HNT coins into your Ledger Helium account
- In the app, select Deposit and make sure your Ledger Account is displayed.
A QR code appears.
- Use the QR code to send HNT coins to your Ledger account.
Alternatively, you can use the Share button at the bottom of your screen to access and copy your Ledger Helium account address.
- Please note: If you're not able to copy the address, simply go to the settings menu and copy the link as displayed below: