At the end of June 2022, Ledger ceased production of Ledger Nano S and replace it with Ledger Nano S Plus, which is more powerful and compatible with advanced Web3 applications.
The final (and special) edition is called Ledger Nano S Final Edition and comes with a POAP card that allows you to claim an exclusive NFT created by the artist “what is real?”.
Ledger and its customer success team are here to support you at every step of the transition, and we remain at your disposal for any questions you may have.
This article answers the most common questions about the cease of Ledger Nano S production.
Yes, you can. Services related to Ledger Nano S remain available.
As long as you don’t share your recovery phrase, your coins are safe.
All Ledger devices, including Ledger Nano S, use the BIP39 standard for generating the recovery phrase. This means that you can use Ledger Nano S Plus or Ledger Nano X to restore the recovery phrase used with Ledger Nano S. You can then add and access the same accounts in Ledger Live.
For a step-by-step guide to restoring Ledger accounts with a recovery phrase, check out this article.
Yes, absolutely. The process of migration involves copying and loading your private keys to your new Ledger Nano S Plus. After you've loaded the private keys into your new device, you can connect it to Ledger Live and access your old accounts. This article will tell you everything about migrating coins from Ledger Nano S to Ledger Nano S Plus.
You can also migrate your coins from Ledger Nano S to Ledger Nano X by importing your existing Nano S recovery phrase to Nano X. For a step-by-step guide to restoring Ledger accounts with a recovery phrase, check out this article.
Ledger Nano S Final Edition orders will open on June 27, 2022. You can purchase the device via a dedicated e-shop page.
Here are the steps for claiming your Ledger Nano S Final Edition NFT:
- Ledger Nano S Final Edition includes a POAP card. On the back of the card, you’ll find the QR code. Scan the QR code with your phone camera. If you can’t scan the QR code, go to the link in the bottom right corner of the back of the card. You’ll be redirected to the POAP Claim page.
- Enter your Ethereum address. If you don’t have one, don’t worry—Ledger makes it easy to get one. You can find more information here.
- Click the Mint POAP token button. It will take a couple of seconds for your POAP to be added to your collection.
You’re all done.
To view your NFT in Ledger Live:
- Open the Ledger Live app.
- Navigate to the Discover tab.
- Select the POAP app.
- In the top right corner, select the Ethereum account you used to mint the POAP token.
You will see your token collection.
You can always reach out to our customer success team. We are here to help you with any issues or questions you may have.