This article will help you set up your first Ledger Osmosis (OSMO) account.
Before you start
- Download and install Ledger Live on your computer. You can learn more about how to get started with Ledger Live here.
- Update the firmware of your Ledger Nano S / Nano S Plus / Nano X.
Install the Cosmos (ATOM) app on your Ledger device
- Open Ledger Live and navigate to the My Ledger tab.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- If asked, allow My Ledger on your device.
- Search for the Cosmos (ATOM) app in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button to install the app on your Ledger device.
- Your Ledger device displays Processing.
- Ledger Live displays Installed.
Add your Osmosis account in Ledger Live
- Open Ledger Live and navigate to the Accounts tab.
- Click the Add account button.
- Type or click the drop-down list to select Osmosis. Then click Continue.
- Connect and unlock your device. Then open the Cosmos app on your device.
Ledger Live will look for existing accounts in the blockchain. These are then displayed one by one.
- In the Accounts step, different sections can appear:
- In the Add existing accounts section, tick the existing account you want to add.
- In the Add new account section, tick to add a new account.
- The Accounts already in Portfolio section lists the accounts that are already in Portfolio and thus can not be added.
- Click Add account
You have successfully added an Osmosis account to the Portfolio.