XDEFI Wallet is a browser extension that allows you to buy, sell, send/receive, swap, and stake crypto assets. With XDEFI, you can access and interact with 9,000+ dApps from different supporting networks such as Ethereum, Avalanche, Polygon, BNB Chain, Terra, and more.
In this guide, you will learn how to set up XDEFI Wallet with your Ledger device.
Before you start
- Ensure that the app you want to manage has been installed and updated (for example, Ethereum, Polygon, etc..)
- Update the Ledger Nano firmware with the latest version.
- Use Google Chrome or Brave (Firefox support is coming soon).
Install XDEFI Wallet
- Go to XDEFI’s website at https://www.xdefi.io/
- Click on the Install XDEFI Wallet button.
- You’ll be redirected to Chrome Web Store.
- In the upper right corner, click Add to Chrome.
- You’ll be asked for permission to add the application to your browser. Confirm your approval.
- The XDEFI icon should appear in your extension bar.
Next, let's connect your Ledger device with XDEFI Wallet.
Tip: If you already have XDEFI Wallet installed, skip the above steps and connect your wallet directly to a Ledger device:
Go to the XDEFI Wallet extension in your browser.
In the upper right corner, click the hamburger button.
Click Wallet management.
From there, click Connect to hardware wallet and proceed as outlined below.
Set up XDEFI Wallet with Ledger
- In your browser, open the XDEFI Wallet extension. A pop-up window will appear with three different options for setting up the wallet:
- Create XDEFI Wallet
- Restore XDEFI Wallet
- Connect Hardware Wallet
- Agree to the Terms and conditions and click Connect Hardware Wallet.
- Next, you need to create a password.
- You’ll then be asked to select a hardware wallet to connect. Choose Ledger and click Next.
- Connect your Ledger device to a computer using the USB port.
- Enter your PIN to unlock the device.
- Select the chain application you want to manage.
Your device should display the message Application is ready.
- After that, return to the XDEFI Wallet window and click Next.
In the upper left corner, a pop-up window will appear asking you to connect your Ledger device.
- Select your device and click Connect. You’ll see Connect a hardware wallet page one more time.
- Choose Ledger and click Next.
- Select the chain and derivation path for the application you want to manage, and click Connect.
- Select one or more addresses to import and click Unlock Selected.
You should see a message stating that the Import is complete.
Now you can go back to XDEFI Wallet or import another hardware wallet.
You can transfer assets with XDEFI Wallet while using your Ledger device to approve transactions. The steps are as follows:
- Click on the XDEFI wallet extension.
In the pop-up window, you’ll see your account and balance, along with options to send, receive, or buy assets.
- Click Send.
- In the drop-down menu, select the network of the coin/token you want to send. Enter the recipient’s address and the amount. Click Send.
- Review and confirm the transaction details on your Ledger device.
- Click both buttons simultaneously to Approve and send the transaction.
The transaction is now sent and broadcast to the network.