This article answers the most common questions about Ledger Connect.
Ledger Connect is a multi-chain browser extension that makes it easier than ever to connect your Ledger to web3 apps directly from your browser. No software wallet in the middle.
Ledger Connect prevents hacks, scams, and keeps your crypto & NFTs secure. With Ledger Connect, users are automatically warned when they interact with a suspicious smart contract and they can see which assets will leave and/or enter their wallet before they sign a transaction.
Security is at the heart of everything we do at Ledger. We are convinced that the most secure way to access Web3 is with a Ledger hardware wallet. That's why Ledger Connect works with a Ledger Nano X that is required to validate all transactions.
Ledger Connect does not allow you to buy, send or receive assets secured by your Ledger hardware wallet. To manage your Ledger accounts, you will need to use the Ledger Live app.
For now, Ledger Connect works with Safari on iOS 16+.
Support for more browsers is coming soon such as Chrome, Brave and Firefox on desktop.
At launch, Ledger Connect will support Ethereum. Support for Polygon and Solana is coming soon. We’ll keep you posted.
Launching Ledger Connect doesn’t mean that we are stopping or reducing collaboration with other wallets or browser extensions. Web3 is about having the freedom to choose your interface. With Ledger Connect, users have more freedom to choose how to connect their hardware wallet to their favorite Web3 dApps.
Please note that we are currently working on adding a Ledger wallet button to your favorite web3 apps. In the meantime when connecting to a Dapp you will need to use the Metamask wallet button to prompt the Ledger Connect extension to open.
Beta testing is one of the final steps in a product development lifecycle before the product goes live. Beta testing is an opportunity for some users to use the product in order to uncover any bugs or issues before its availability to the general public.
To participate in Ledger Connect beta testing you need to:
- Own a Ledger Nano X (Ledger Nano S and S Plus aren’t compatible with Ledger Connect yet).
- Have an iOS smartphone (iOS 16+)
- Be registered on https://get-connect.ledger.com/with your Apple ID email address (spots are limited)
If you meet the requirements above, please follow these steps to participate in the beta testing:
- Download the TestFlight app from the App store.
- Wait a few days/weeks to receive an email invitation with a link to join TestFlight.
- Accept the email invitation to install the beta app.
- Open the beta app and follow the instructions to install Ledger Connect in Safari.
- Go forth and test it everywhere.
- Send your feedback through the link provided by Ledger.
TestFlight is an Apple application that makes it easy to invite users to test an app and collect valuable feedback before releasing it. More info here.
The beta will last as long as it takes to collect enough feedback to have a product ready for public launch in early 2023. Throughout the beta, we will improve the product and add features.
I have issues connecting my Ledger Nano X to Ledger Connect, what should I do?
- Make sure bluetooth is enabled on your smartphone and on your Ledger Nano X (in Settings)
- Make sure you turn the Ledger Connect extension on in Safari
- Connect your Ledger Nano X to your Ledger Live mobile app, then try again to connect to Ledger Connect
You can test some of Ledger Connect's features and participate in the beta without spending any crypto (e.g., download the browser extension, connect to Web3 Apps). If you want to try doing transactions with Ledger Connect, we recommend you to start with small amounts.
Ledger Connect is compatible with Ledger Nano X. Thus, you will enjoy the same security as when using your Ledger Nano X with other browser extensions like Metamask or Phantom.