Ronin Wallet is a mobile app and browser extension that allows you to play Axie Infinity and other decentralized applications running on Ronin, an Ethereum sidechain built specifically for blockchain-based games.
This tutorial describes how to connect your Ledger device to Ronin Wallet on desktop or mobile so you can get maximum security for your assets without compromising ease of use.
You can learn more about the Ronin mobile wallet here.
Let’s get started.
Before you start
- Make sure to update Ledger Live to the latest version via this link.
- Open Ledger Live and connect your Ledger device to My Ledger to ensure that your Ledger device is running the latest firmware version.
- If you're a mobile user, make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your Nano X device.
- Ensure that the latest version of the Ethereum (ETH) app is installed on your Ledger device.
All set? Let's connect your Ledger device to the Ronin Wallet!
- If you haven’t already, download and install the Ronin Wallet extension from Chrome Web Store.
- Open Ronin Wallet extension.
- Select I already have a secret recovery phrase. Import wallet.
- In the top-right menu of the Ronin wallet, click Account.
- In the drop-down menu, click Connect Hardware Wallet. Choose to connect to Ledger.
- Now is the time to prepare your Ledger device. Plug your device into the computer and unlock it with a PIN code. Then open the Ethereum app.
- Click Connect Wallet.
You’ll see a pop-up window that says Ronin Wallet wants to connect to a HID device.
- Select your device and click Continue.
- Choose the Ledger account you want to connect to Ronin Wallet.
You’ll see a message stating that your account is connected. All set to go. Great job!
- Download the Ronin Wallet on iOS or Android.
- Open the app, if asked give the app access to Bluetooth.
- Select Next > Continue > Create a new wallet.
- Choose and confirm you PIN code then click Continue.
- Swipe through the educational slides then tick the boxes and tap Reveal to display your recovery phrase then click Continue.
This 12-word recovery phrase only secures a burner Ronin wallet, it does not secure your Ledger account. Your Ledger account is secured by your 24-word recovery phrase which should be kept secret.
- Select Explore Ronin Wallet.
The Ronin Wallet dashboard appears.
- Unlock your Nano X device and open the Ethereum (ETH) app.
Your Ledger device displays: Application is ready.
- On the wallet dashboard go to Settings > Hardware Wallet > Connect.
- Select your your Ledger Nano X, tap on your Nano name then select Start Pairing.
A list of accounts appears.
- Select an account then tap < to go back to the dashboard.
- Tap Receive to generate a deposit address to send Ronin funds to your Ledger account.