This article describes how to access your Ledger Cardano (ADA) accounts via the Nami browser extension.
You can learn more about Nami here.
Before you start
- Update Ledger Live to the latest version via this link.
- Open Ledger Live and connect your Ledger device to the Manager to ensure that your Ledger device is running the latest firmware version.
- Ensure that the latest version of the Cardano (ADA) app is installed on your Ledger device.
- Once you're all done, close Ledger Live as it can conflict with Nami.
- We recommend using Chrome.
Accessing your Cardano (ADA) accounts via Nami:
- Download and install the Nami extension in your browser via this link.
- Click on the Nami extension and select New Wallet to create a standalone Nami wallet.
- Back up your Nami seed phrase, tick the box and click Next.
- Verify your Nami seed phrase then click Next.
- Name your account, then choose and confirm your password.
Nami confirms the creation of your standalone wallet.
Your standalone Nami wallet is distinct from your Ledger Cardano account. The 12-word seed phrase given to you by Nami does not protect your Ledger account. Your Ledger 24-word recovery phrase does.
- Click Close.
In the next steps, you will add a second account to Nami: your Ledger Cardano account secured by your Ledger device.
- Go back to your browser and click the Nami extension.
- Select the identicon then Connect Hardware Wallet > Ledger and click Continue.
- Select your Ledger device then click Continue.
- Select your Cardano account then click Continue.
Nami confirms that your Ledger device is connected.
- Click Close then go back to the browser extension.
- In the extension, click on the identicon then select your Ledger account (called Ledger 1 by default) from the list.
Your Ledger Cardano account appears.
- Use the receive button to send Cardano assets (ADA and Cardano tokens) to your Ledger Cardano account. All funds sent to your Ledger account in Nami are secured by your Ledger device.
How to access your Cardano NFTS
- Open Nami.
- Select your Ledger Cardano account
- In the search bar, select the collectible tab.
- Select an NFT in your collection.
- Depending on your needs, do one of the following:
- Select Send to move the NFT to a different account.
- Select As Avatar to set the NFT as your Nami avatar.