This article describes how to set up an NFT as a Twitter profile picture using your Ledger device.
This tutorial requires a Twitter Blue subscription. You can check whether Twitter Blue is available in your country here.
Before you start
- Update Ledger Live to the latest version via this link.
- Open Ledger Live and connect your Ledger device to My Ledger to ensure that your device is running the latest firmware version.
- Ensure that the latest version of the Ethereum (ETH) app is installed on your Ledger device.
- Once you're all done, close Ledger Live.
- If you choose to use Bluetooth to connect your Ledger device to your phone. Make sure that your device is properly paired with the Ledger Live mobile app as shown here.
- Switch on your Ledger device.
- Open the Ethereum (ETH) app on your device.
- Open the Twitter app on your phone and navigate to Profile.
- In your Profile, select Edit profile.
- Tap your profile picture and select Choose NFT.
- Select Connect Wallet > Ledger Live.
The Ledger Live app opens.
- Select the Ethereum account that holds your NFT.
Twitter will attempt to connect to Ledger live via WalletConnect.
- Select Connect.
- Verify and Confirm your Ethereum account address.
The app will now prompt you to sign a message on your Ledger device.
- Click Continue.
- Select your device and the connection method.
- Select Sign Message to sign the message on your Ledger device.
The app displays: Message Signed.
- Select the NFT you want to set as profile picture.
- Click Done.