This article describes how to set up an NFT as a Twitter profile picture using your Ledger device.
"The Dapp you're trying to connect to isn't up to date" error
If you're experiencing connectivity issues between Twitter and WalletConnect or Ledger Live that result in a 'The Dapp you're trying to connect to isn't up to date' error, it's likely because Twitter only supports WalletConnect v1 at this time. Ledger Live, however, requires WalletConnect v2 for a successful connection to Twitter. We're actively collaborating with the Twitter team to resolve this issue. For any inquiries regarding this specific error, please reach out to Twitter support.
Before you start
- Update Ledger Live to the latest version via this link.
- Open Ledger Live and connect your Ledger device to My Ledger to ensure that your device is running the latest firmware version.
- Ensure that the latest version of the Ethereum (ETH) app is installed on your Ledger device.
- Once you're all done, close Ledger Live.
- If you choose to use Bluetooth to connect your Ledger device to your phone. Make sure that your device is properly paired with the Ledger Live mobile app as shown here.
- Switch on your Ledger device.
- Open the Ethereum (ETH) app on your device.
- Open the Twitter app on your phone and navigate to Profile.
- In your Profile, select Edit profile.
- Tap your profile picture and select Choose NFT.
- Select Connect Wallet > Ledger Live.
The Ledger Live app opens.
- Select the Ethereum account that holds your NFT.
Twitter will attempt to connect to Ledger live via WalletConnect.
- Select Connect.
- Verify and Confirm your Ethereum account address.
The app will now prompt you to sign a message on your Ledger device.
- Click Continue.
- Select your device and the connection method.
- Select Sign Message to sign the message on your Ledger device.
The app displays: Message Signed.
- Select the NFT you want to set as profile picture.
- Click Done.