This tutorial describes how to access your Ledger Optimism (OP Mainnet) account via MetaMask. You can learn more about Optimism here.
Before you start
- Make sure to update Ledger Live to the latest version via this link.
- Open Ledger Live and connect your Ledger device to My Ledger to ensure that your device is running the latest firmware version.
- Ensure that the latest version of the Ethereum (ETH) app is installed on your Ledger device.
- Once you're all done, close Ledger Live as it can conflict with Metamask.
Accessing your Ledger Optimism (OP Mainnet) account via MetaMask.
- Follow these steps to install Metamask in your browser and connect your Ledger device.
- Once you've completed the setup, open the network menu and press Add to connect Metamask to the Optimism network.
- Click Approve.
- Click Switch to Optimism.
Your account connects to the Optimism network, you're all set!