This tutorial describes how to access your Ledger Polkadot (DOT) account and how to manage your Polkadot NFTs via the Talisman app.
You can learn more about Talisman here.
Before you start
- Make sure to update Ledger Live to the latest version via this link.
- Open Ledger Live and connect your Ledger device to My Ledger to ensure that your device is running the latest firmware version.
- Ensure that the latest version of the Polkadot (DOT) app is installed on your Ledger device.
- Once you're all done, close Ledger Live as it can conflict with Talisman.
- We recommend using Talisman with Google Chrome.
Accessing your Ledger Polkadot (DOT) account via Talisman.
- Download and install Talisman in your web browser via this link.
The Talisman app appears in your browser.
- Select Get Started.
- Select Create a new account, choose a name for your account then click Create account.
- Choose and confirm your password, click Let's do this then Go to my account.
Your standalone Polkadot account appears in your browser.
We're now going to add your Ledger Polkadot account to the app.
- Navigate to the left sidebar, click +Add account then select Import from Ledger.
- Plug your Ledger device into your computer and open the Polkadot (DOT) app on your Ledger device by navigating to the Polkadot icon and pressing both buttons simultaneously.
Your Ledger device displays Polkadot Ready.
- Back to Talisman, select the Polkadot network, and click Continue.
Your Ledger device connects to the Talisman app.
- Click Continue.
- Select your Ledger Polkadot account or load another account then click Continue.
Your Ledger Polkadot account appears in the app.
Click the copy icon to access your account address.
All Polkadot funds sent to that address will be secured by your Ledger device.
How to access your Polkadot NFTs.
- Visit the Talisman web app via this link.
- Select Connect Wallet.
- Select Talisman.
- Select the NFT tab to access your Polkadot NFT collection.