This article describes how to migrate crypto from a Ledger Nano S to a Ledger Nano S Plus device
Before you start
- Download and install the latest version of Ledger Live on your computer via this link.
- Ensure you have your Nano S 24-word recovery phrase with you.
How to migrate your crypto from your Ledger Nano S to your Ledger Nano S Plus
- Plug your Ledger Nano S Plus into your computer to power it on.
Your Ledger device displays: Welcome to Ledger Nano S Plus Press right button to continue.
- Use the right button to scroll through the menu and select Restore from Recovery phrase.
Your Ledger device displays: Choose PIN with 4 to 8 digits
- Choose and confirm your PIN code then select Enter your Recovery Phrase.
Your device displays: Select the number of words written on your Recovery sheet.
- Select 24 words.
- Enter each word on your Nano S recovery phrase into your Nano S Plus device.
Your device displays: Processing.
Your device displays: Your device is ready.
- Use the right button to navigate through the menu and select Go to the Dashboard.
Your device displays the dashboard.
- You loaded a copy of your private keys onto your Ledger Nano S Plus.
- This means that you can now spend from your Nano S accounts in Ledger Live with either your Nano S or your Nano S Plus device.
- It's a good idea to keep your old Nano S device as a backup in case you'd lose access to your Nano S Plus in the future.
- When using a backup device, make sure both devices are locked with strong PIN codes.