This tutorial will show you how to use your Ledger device to allow Blind Signing in the Solana (SOL) app.
When is allowing blind signing required?
- Allowing blind signing is required to sign most transactions involving smart contracts.
- For example, blind signing is required to purchase NFTs on a Solana NFT marketplace like Magic Eden.
Allowing blind signing
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- Open the Solana application.
Your device displays Application is ready.
- Press the right button to navigate to Settings. Then press both buttons to validate.
Your Ledger device displays Allow blind sign.
- Select Yes then press both buttons.
Your device displays Application is ready again. You're done.
Before you go
- Allowing blind signing is an advanced feature that is only required for signing transactions involving smart contracts (e.g. swapping tokens via a decentralized exchange).
- It's recommended to disable blind signing after use.
- Please note that blind signing will be automatically disabled after a firmware update or after the Solana app is updated.
- This can happen whenever the app is manually updated via My Ledger in Ledger Live or after a firmware update that requires apps to be reinstalled. You can re-enable blind signing as needed by using the instructions above.