This tutorial describes how to create your first Ledger Hedera (HBAR) account via HashPack
Before you start
- Make sure to update Ledger Live to the latest version via this link.
- Open Ledger Live and connect your Ledger device to My Ledger to ensure that your device is running the latest firmware version.
- Ensure that the latest version of the Hedera (HBAR) app is installed on your Ledger device.
- HashPack does not provide Ledger support on Firefox, make sure to use the Chrome browser.
Access your Ledger Hedera (HBAR) account via HashPack.
- Unlock your Ledger device and open the Hedera app.
Your device displays Awaiting Commands.
- Go to the HashPack website and select Launch Web App.
Ensure your Nano is connected to your computer, unlocked, and has the Hedera app opened up. The screen should say “Awaiting commands”.
Click on the “Connect Hardware Wallet” button.
Create a password (minimum 12 characters), agree to the terms and conditions, then click Next.
Click on “Create a new wallet”, then click on “Connect Ledger”.
Select “WebHID”, then click on “Get public key”.
Your public key is then displayed on your Nano. Scroll all the way to the right to confirm the entire string, then press both buttons to continue.
- Select a staking node.
Give your wallet a unique name, select your preferred currency, then click “Create Wallet”.
Your wallet will then be created and you will be routed to your main account page where you can manage your Hedera assets.
12. Once this process has been completed and your Hedera account has been created in Hashpack, you can now add your account in Ledger Live.
13. To do this, open Ledger Live and click the Receive button.
14. Select your Hedera account and click Continue.
15. On your Ledger device press both buttons to open the Hedera app.
Your Ledger device displays: Awaiting Commands.
Your Ledger Hedera account address appears in Ledger Live.
16. Copy your Ledger Hedera account address that appears.
You can use this address to safely deposit HBAR coins to your Ledger Hedera account.
17. Now, feel free to add this account to Hashpack. To do this, go back to Hashpack, and sign in, and click the three horizontal lines menu on the top right-hand side of the page.
18. Select "Connect Hardware Wallet." -> and then this time, "Import existing wallet."
19. Then, "Connect Ledger"-> "Get Public Key." Approve the public key.
20. Using the drop-down menu, select the account that matches your new account in Ledger Live. Select "Next."
21. Give the wallet a nickname. Then, "Import Wallet."
That's it! Now, that Ledger Live's receive address and Hashpack's address matches up, you'll be good to go to receive Hedera into your account.
Staking HBAR with Hashpack
You can find detailed instructions on how to stake HBAR coins with your Ledger device and Hashpack here.