This tutorial describes how to access your XinFin (XDC) account via MetaMask.
A word of caution
- Pending the release of a Ledger XDC app, XDC is currently not officially supported by Ledger products.
- As such, it is not recommended to store XDC funds in a Ledger account.
- This tutorial is for recovery purposes only.
Before you start
- Make sure to update Ledger Live to the latest version via this link.
- Open Ledger Live and connect your Ledger device to the Manager to ensure that your Ledger device is running the latest firmware version.
- Ensure that the latest version of the Ethereum (ETH) app is installed on your Ledger device.
- Once you're all done, close Ledger Live as it can conflict with Metamask.
Accessing your Ledger XinFin (XDC) account via MetaMask.
- Download and install the MetaMask extension in your browser by following these steps.
- Open MetaMask and create a regular MetaMask account as shown in this video.
In the next steps, you will add a second account to MetaMask: your XDC account.
- Once you're all set up, open MetaMask in your browser, click on the three dots icon, and select Expand view.
MetaMask opens in a tab that is easier to navigate.
- Connect Metamask to the XinFin Network Mainnet by following these steps.
Use the RPC data below to add XinFin Network to Metamask:
Network Name: XinFin Network Mainnet
New RPC URL: https://rpc.xinfin.network
Chain ID: 50
Currency Symbol: XDC
Block Explorer URL: https://explorer.xinfin.network/
Metamask now displays an XDC balance instead of an ETH balance.
- Plug your Ledger device into your computer and open the Ethereum app on your device by navigating to the Ethereum icon and pressing both buttons simultaneously.
Your Ledger device displays Application is ready.
- In MetaMask, click the identicon, select Connect Hardware Wallet > Ledger, and click Continue.
After a brief moment, a list of account addresses appears.
- Select an account by ticking the box. Then click Unlock.
Your XinFin (XDC) account and XDC balance appear in MetaMask.