This tutorial describes how to connect your Ledger Hardware Wallet to the Coinbase Wallet browser extension.
This extension allows you to use decentralized applications with Ledger devices on blockchains like Ethereum, BNB, Polygon, and others.
You can read more about this integration and Coinbase Wallet browser extension in this article.
Before you start
- Make sure to update Ledger Live to the latest version via this link.
- Open Ledger Live and connect your Ledger device to My Ledger to ensure that your device is running the latest firmware version.
- Ensure that the latest version of the Ethereum (ETH) app is installed on your Ledger device.
- Once you're all done, close Ledger Live as it can conflict with the Coinbase Wallet extension.
Connecting your Ledger device to Coinbase Wallet
- Download and install the Coinbase Wallet extension from the Chrome Web Store.
We strongly recommend using the Chrome or Brave browsers.
- Open Coinbase Wallet extension.
- Select I already have a wallet.
- Choose Connect Ledger wallet.
- Plug your Ledger into your computer.
- Unlock your Ledger device with a PIN code.
- Open Ethereum app.
- Click Connect now.
- Sign the message on your Ledger device to connect with Coinbase Wallet.
Note that it’s not a transaction.
Once the message was signed, you will see “Your device is ready” window.
- Open the extension.
You should see your assets and NFTs in the wallet.
Check the Coinbase Wallet browser extension guide for additional information on how to manage the assets and wallet.