This tutorial describes how to access your Ledger Binance Smart Chain (BSC) account via MetaMask.
Before you start
- Make sure to update Ledger Live to the latest version via this link.
- Open Ledger Live and connect your Ledger device to the Manager to ensure that your Ledger device is running the latest firmware version.
- Ensure that the latest version of the Ethereum (ETH) app is installed on your Ledger device.
- Ensure the latest version of the Binance Smart Chain (BNB) app is installed on your Ledger device.
- Once you're all done, close Ledger Live as it can conflict with Metamask.
Accessing your Ledger Binance Smart Chain account(s) via MetaMask.
- Download and install the MetaMask extension in your browser by following these steps.
- Open MetaMask and create a regular MetaMask account as shown in this video.
In the next steps, you will add a second account to MetaMask: your Ledger Binance Smart Chain account.
- Once you're all set up, open MetaMask in your browser, click on the three dots icon, and select Expand view.
MetaMask opens in a tab that is easier to navigate.
- Connect Metamask to the (Mainnet) Smart Chain network by following these steps or this tutorial.
Use the RPC data below to connect Metamask to Smart Chain.
Network Name: Smart Chain
New RPC URL: https://bsc-dataseed.binance.org/
Chain ID: 56
Currency Symbol: BNB
Block Explorer URL: https://bscscan.com
Metamask now displays a BNB balance instead of an ETH balance.
- Plug your Ledger device into your computer and open the Binance Smart Chain app on your device by navigating to the Binance Smart Chain icon and pressing both buttons simultaneously.
Your Ledger device displays Application is ready.
- In MetaMask, click the identicon, select Connect Hardware Wallet > Ledger, and click Continue.
After a brief moment, a list of account addresses appears.
- Select an account by ticking the box. Then click Unlock.
Your Ledger Binance Smart Chain account and BNB balance appear in MetaMask.