This article describes how to swap crypto using PancakeSwap and your Ledger device. You can learn more about PancakeSwap here.
Before you start
- Make sure to update Ledger Live to the latest version via this link.
- Open My Ledger in Ledger Live and ensure your Ledger device is running the latest firmware version.
- Install the latest version of the Ethereum (ETH) app on your Ledger device and enable Blind Signing in the app.
- Install the latest version of the Binance Smart Chain (BNB) app on your Ledger device and enable Blind Signing in the app.
- Install the Metamask extension in your browser (we strongly recommend Chrome) and create a regular Metamask account.
- Connect your Ledger Ethereum account to Metamask as explained here.
- Connect Metamask to the (Binance) Smart Chain network by following these steps.
- Ensure you hold some BNB coins in your Ledger Binance Smart Chain account to pay for gas fees.
Swapping crypto with PancakeSwap
- Plug your Ledger device into your computer and open the Binance Smart Chain app on your device.
- Open your browser, unlock Metamask and ensure Metamask is connected to the (Binance) Smart Chain network.
- In your browser, open the PancakeSwap app.
- In the app, select Connect a Wallet > Metamask.
A Connect With MetaMask pop-up appears in your browser.
- Select your Ledger Binance Smart Chain account > Next > Connect.
Metamask connects to PancakeSwap and your Ledger account address appears in the app.
- In the app, navigate to the Trade - > Swap section and use the dropdown menus to select what coins or tokens you wish to swap.
Some tokens might not be available in the default list and will need to be manually imported into PancakeSwap by clicking the Import button.
If it's your first time swapping a coin or token, you will need to Enable PancakeSwap to interact with that coin/token by signing a transaction on your Ledger device.
- Once you're ready to swap, click Swap, review the fees and then click Confirm Swap.
A Metamask pop-up opens and displays the transaction.
- Click Confirm.
Your Ledger device displays Review transaction. Your device is waiting for your confirmation to process the swap.
- On your Ledger device, scroll through the transaction data until you reach the Accept and send screen.
- Press both buttons simultaneously to confirm the transaction on your Ledger device.
Your transaction gets broadcasted. You're done.
If you wish to see your balance in Metamask, click Add token to add the token to Metamask. Your tokens will appear in your account as soon as the transaction is processed by the Binance Smart Chain network.