This article describes how to swap old BTT tokens for new BTT tokens.
Can Ledger automatically swap my old BTT tokens for new BTT tokens?
- Ledger does not have access to your private keys.
- As a result, you will need to manually swap your old BTT tokens for new BTT tokens.
Before you start
- Make sure to update to the latest version of Ledger Live via this link.
- Open My Ledger in Ledger Live and ensure your device is running the latest firmware version.
- Install the latest version of the Tron (TRX) app on your Ledger device.
- On your Ledger device, open the Tron (TRX) app, navigate to Settings > Custom Contracts, and set to Allowed.
- Install the TronLink extension into your browser (we strongly recommend using Chrome).
Swapping BTT (old) for BTT (new)
- Close Ledger Live and plug your Ledger device into your computer.
- Unlock your Ledger device and open the Tron (TRX) app.
- In your browser, open the TronLink extension, select Pair ledger Hardware wallet, and select your Ledger device to connect your Ledger Tron account to TronLink.
- Choose a Password and click Confirm.
Your Ledger Tron account appears in TronLink.
- Open the BTT Swap app via this link.
- In the app, select Connect your Wallet > Connect to Tron Network then select TronLink.
- Select the number of BTT (old) tokens you wish to swap then click Confirm Swap.
TronLink opens and displays TriggerSmart Contract.
- In TronLink, click Sign then confirm the transaction on your Ledger device.
- Click Done to complete the swap.
- To access and manage your BTT (new) token balance, open TronLink and select the (+) icon in the Assets section.
- In the search bar, type BTT then add BTT (Bitorrent) TRC20 by clicking the (+) icon
- Click the < icon to go back to the Assets section.
Your BTT (new) balance appears.
Why is my BTT (new) balance not showing in Ledger Live?
- Make sure you use Ledger Live Desktop version 2.39 or higher.
- If your Ledger Live is outdated, your BTT (new) won't appear.
- Find detailed instructions on how to update Ledger Live here.