This article explains how to seamlessly transfer tokenized assets (NFTs) across blockchains with Wormhole token bridge, precisely from Ethereum network to Binance Smart Chain network with the use of Ledger device and third-party wallet MetaMask.
Before you start
- Ensure that MetaMask is updated to version 10.5.2 and above. More on this here.
- Ensure that you have already accessed your Ledger ETH account with MetaMask. More on this here
- Ensure the latest version of the Ethereum (ETH) app and Binance Smart Chain (BNB) app is installed on your Ledger device.
- Ensure that your Ledger device is running the latest firmware version.
- Make sure to close Ledger Live as it can conflict with MetaMask.
- Ensure that blind signing is enabled in the Ethereum app and Binance Smart Chain app settings on your Ledger device. Learn more here.
- Go to Wormhole Bridge using your web browser on your PC.
- On the page, click the Transfer Tokens button in the top-right corner.
- Select the NFTs tab and the required network: Ethereum.
- Click the Connect button.
The MetaMask extension will open.
- In MetaMask, select the ETH address where your NFT is located (bridge supports only ERC721 standard).
Your NFTs will appear in the Select a token field.
- Select the NFT you want to bridge and click Next.
- In the Target part, choose the network of the destination, for example, Binance Smart Chain. Once you choose it, the field with address will automatically get filled with your Binance Smart Chain address from MetaMask.
- Click Next.
The window with step 3 Send NFT will appear.
- Select Transfer.
The MetaMask extension will open with the transaction details and fees.
- Unlock your Ledger device and open the Ethereum app.
- Check the details of the transaction and Confirm.
Details of the transaction will be displayed on the screen of your Ledger device.
- Carefully verify all the details and only then Approve the transaction.
Once the transaction will be approved, your NFT will be bridged to another network. Due to network congestion, it may take some time.
You can bridge NFTs from other networks with this platform, for example, from Polygon to Binance Smart Chain (shown on the GIF below), or from Solana to Ethereum. The flow of the process will be the same.