This article will show you how to access your Ledger Avalanche (AVAX) account using the third-party wallet Avalanche Wallet.
Before you start
- Update the firmware on your Ledger Nano S / Nano S Plus / Nano X.
- Make sure to have the latest version of the Avalanche app installed.
- Make sure to close Ledger Live as it can conflict with Avalanche Wallet.
Accessing your Ledger Avalanche account(s) through Avalanche Wallet
- Connect your Ledger device and open the Avalanche app on your device.
- Go to the Avalanche Wallet page and click Access Wallet.
- Select Ledger among the proposed wallets.
The browser will display a selection box.
- Select your device and click Connect.
Once successful, the Avalanche Wallet will open. If you had any previous balances, they will appear.
You should see your balance and the receiving address for X, P, and C chains.
- Check Avalanche Wallet documentation to learn how to manage AVAX with this third-party wallet.
- Alternatively, you can set up your MetaMask with the Avalanche network. Learn more.