This article shows you how to recover your CELO sent via Celo network to your Ledger Ethereum address. You would need to use your Ledger device with a third-party wallet MetaMask and added CELO network.
Before you start
- Ensure that MetaMask is updated to version 10.5.2 and above. More on this here.
- Ensure that you have already accessed your Ledger ETH account with MetaMask. More on this here.
- Ensure the latest version of the Celo (CELO) app is installed on your Ledger device.
- Ensure that your Ledger device is running the latest firmware version.
Accessing your CELO sent to Ledger ETH address
- Open MetaMask in the web browser. At this step, you should have already accessed your Ledger ETH address in MetaMask.
- Click on the Networks button on the top-right corner of the MetaMask interface.
The Networks window opens.
- Select Add Network.
- Fill the empty fields with Celo network details:
Network Name: Celo (Mainnet)
New RPC URL: https://forno.celo.org
Chain ID: 42220
Currency Symbol (Optional): CELO
Block Explorer URL (Optional): https://explorer.celo.org
- Once you completed the fields, click Save.
The Add network window closes and you should see the user interface of your Ledger ETH address on the Celo network. The missing CELO should be on the balance.
Now, you can keep your CELO on MetaMask address if you want. When sending your CELO back to the exchange, make sure you selected the CELO network for deposit.