This article describes how to create your first Internet Computer (ICP) account with your Ledger device and Ledger Live.
Currently, the mobile version of Ledger Live does not support the creation of Internet Computer (ICP) accounts. We are actively working on this integration. In the meantime, please use the desktop version of Ledger Live to create and manage your ICP account
Before you start
- Ensure you've downloaded and installed the most recent version of Ledger Live using this link.
- Make sure your Ledger device runs the latest firmware. Learn more.
Install the Internet Computer (ICP) app on your Ledger device
- Open Ledger Live and navigate to My Ledger.
- Connect your Ledger device and unlock it.
- If prompted, allow Ledger Live to access your device.
- Look for Internet Computer (ICP) in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button to download and install the app.
Add your Internet Computer (ICP) account to Ledger Live
- Navigate to the Accounts section then click on +Add account, select an Internet Computer (ICP) account and click Continue.
- Open the Internet Computer app on your Ledger device using the buttons.
- After a brief synchronization, name your account and click Add account.
- Click Done to finalize adding your account to Ledger Live.
Receive Internet Computer (ICP) coin in your account
- Navigate to your Internet Computer (ICP) account and click Receive.
- Click Continue.
- It's now time to review your address on your Ledger device.
- Verify that the address shown on your Ledger device matches with the one in Ledger Live. Once confirmed, copy the address from Ledger Live. Then, proceed to the Approve screen on your Ledger device and press both buttons simultaneously to authenticate the address.
- Click Done.
You can now use this address to send ICP coins to your Ledger account.
Staking ICP coins in Ledger Live
Staking Internet Computer (ICP) through Ledger Live is not supported yet. To stake your ICP coins, you will need to use the Network Nervous System third-party application. More on this here.