This tutorial describes how to set up and use the Keplr web app with your Ledger device to access your Ledger Cosmos (ATOM) account(s).
Before you start
- Make sure the latest version of the Cosmos app is installed on your Ledger device.
- Make sure to close Ledger Live as it can conflict with Keplr.
- Firefox users might face connectivity issues so we strongly recommend using Chrome.
- Add the Keplr Chrome extension to your browser via this link.
Accessing your Ledger Cosmos account(s) via Keplr
- Connect your Ledger device to your computer and open the Cosmos app on your device.
Your Ledger device displays Cosmos ready.
- Click on the Keplr extension icon and select Connect Hardware Wallet.
- Select Connect Ledger.
- Choose the Wallet Name, a password, confirm your password, select Connect to Cosmos app, then click Next.
We strongly recommend using a nickname or pseudonym as the account name.
- Make sure your Ledger device is unlocked and the Cosmos app is open. Click Next.
- If you have existing account in Ledger Live, it should appear.
Tick different Cosmos chains to add to Keplr and click Save.
- Accounts are added to Keplr, you can click Finish and close the Tab.
- Open the Keplr web app via this link
Your Ledger Cosmos account and ATOM balance appear in the dashboard.