This tutorial describes how to update Ledger Live Desktop on your PC.
Important notice for Windows users
- Windows users on version 2.29 and below won’t be able to perform auto-update in Ledger Live due to different Windows signature certificates used in old versions. As a result, they see a stuck “Downloading update” bar in Ledger Live.
- The only solution will be to update Ledger Live manually by downloading the Ledger Live executable file from the website.
Before you start
- Make sure to have a computer with at least macOS 10.14, Windows 8.1 (64-bit), Linux Ubuntu 16.10 (64-bit). Learn more
- You have a stable internet connection.
Once a new version of Ledger Live is released, it will progressively become available for all Ledger users.
- If you see a banner with the available update in Ledger Live, click Download update.
The new version downloads and then the button Install now appears.
- Click Install now.
Ledger Live closes and the installation starts.
- Once the installation is complete, click Finish.
A new version of Ledger Live will launch.
Your Ledger Live is updated to the latest version.
In rare cases, the manual update of Ledger Live is needed. If your Ledger Live is outdated and you are not able to auto-update in Ledger Live, you need to download the latest installation file from the website. You do not need to uninstall your current version of Ledger Live.
After the update, all the settings and accounts will remain in the new version.